Alumni Board: we're recruiting!
We are recruiting six alumni to join our Oxford University Society (OUS) Alumni Board for a three year term (then renewable for a further three years) from September 2018.
Applications are open until 31 May 2018. All applicants will be reviewed by the Board’s Nominations Committee, and final decisions will be made in July.
What does the OUS Alumni Board do?
The Alumni Board serves a supportive, advisory role, providing input into alumni relations strategy. It acts as a valuable channel for communicating alumni opinion to the University Alumni Office, and works with the Alumni Relations staff to design strategies that facilitate connections between alumni and between alumni and the wider University.
The Board meets three times a year to review and comment on the strategic plans and priorities of the Alumni Office. In between meetings, members are active at alumni events and in sub-committees. Over the past few years, the Board has also contributed to the design of highly successful alumni events across the world and in Oxford (notably the Alumni Weekend every September), has supported the development of the University’s online networking platform, and assisted in the formation of numerous new regional alumni groups.
Who is on the board?
The Board consists of 24 members:
- The Chair of the Board, appointed by the Chancellor of the University
- 14 members appointed from the alumni community
- Six members appointed from within the University
- Three ex-officio members.
What are we looking for in our new members?
We’re looking for interested and enthusiastic alumni who can bring imaginative ideas to the role, and who are prepared to commit to furthering alumni engagement with the University, as well as:
- Experience, skills and/or background which might contribute to alumni engagement, especially complementing the current strategic priorities of the Alumni Office, particularly: marketing and communications, customer relations, data analysis, higher education administration
- A strong commitment to the University of Oxford, to furthering its reputation and to reinforcing the greater alumni community
- A willingness to attend three meetings per year (2 in Oxford, 1 in London) preferably in person or via telephone and to contribute constructively to discussions at Board meetings
- A willingness to volunteer for ad hoc projects if required and when appropriate.
The Alumni Board is intended to be broadly representative of Oxford alumni worldwide, so a diverse range of skills/experience, demographics, gender, and age will be considered when reviewing applications.
How do I apply?
If you’re interested in applying, please complete the online form stating your reasons for applying and what you feel you can contribute, drawing on relevant skills and experience. Include contact details for two referees (at least one of which should have a strong Oxford connection), and attach your CV.
If you’d like further information about the role, please contact Christine Fairchild, Director of Alumni Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)1865 611612.
Applications close 31 May 2018.
Please note that, based on previous experience, we expect a significant number of people to apply for these six roles. We value each and every application, and will communicate with every candidate. The involvement of alumni in the continued development of the University is enormously important, and indeed essential to its ongoing success. We would like to encourage any unsuccessful candidate to consider becoming involved in the life of the University in some other way.