WATERCOLOURS OF OXFORD
MEETING MINDS GLOBAL
Join us from 6–8 April for Meeting Minds Global, our three-day virtual event, bringing alumni and associates together from around the world.
There will also of course be a chance to ask the Vice-Chancellor your questions, and there will also be opportunities to network with fellow alumni, your college and department.
From vegan cookery to galaxy evolution, and doodling for relaxation to the etymology of Oxford slang; Meeting Minds Global has something for everyone.
- Artist-in-residence Weimin He will deliberate on the delight of doodling for relaxation and creativity
- Language maestro Professor Simon Horobin will talk about battels, buttery and bodder - the arcane but often familiar world of Oxford slang words
- Music historian, fiction author and Wytham Woods writer-in-residence Dr Alice Little (St Edmund Hall, 2003) will operate a creative writing masterclass
- Famous food Tomi Makanjuola (Queen's, 2010) will help you to assemble your egusi soup with a vegan cookery session that will nail down the fundamentals behind plant-based cooking
- Adele Santelli will discuss what it's like to be an environmental journalist in Sao Paulo, Brazil