Eligibility for the Oxford Alumni Card and other benefits
There are many benefits available to alumni and associates of the University of Oxford. Please see the information to find out your eligibility:
- Matriculated undergraduate and postgraduate students (awarded automatically during the last term of your course). Information about which courses require matriculation.
- Non-matriculated students who have completed and passed a single accredited course, lasting for at least 12 weeks. *Please note the completion of several short courses amounting to 12 weeks would not entitle an individual to Associate status.
- Non-matriculated students who have completed and passed a certificate or diploma through a University department such as the Department for Continuing Education or the Faculty of Theology
- Anybody who has conducted research or engaged in teaching for the University for at least one academic year * Please note that associates may be asked to provide evidence such as an employment contract, before associate status is granted.
- Current members of Congregation
- Recognised students or visiting students
- Anybody who has completed an Open Programme Executive Education Course of four consecutive days or more at the Saïd Business School
- Anybody who has completed an Executive Education Course of four consecutive days or more (e.g. Oil, Gas and Mining Governance, and Hong Kong Officer Professional Development Programme) at the Blavatnik School of Government
- Non-matriculated students who read for Oxford University courses at Westminster College or Lady Spencer Churchill College. * Please note that alumni may be asked to provide evidence such as a degree/diploma certificate, before associate status is granted.
- Non-matriculated students who read for Oxford University courses at Ripon College Cuddeson. * Please note that alumni may be asked to provide evidence such as a degree/diploma certificate, before associate status is granted.
Not eligible for alumni/associate status
We regret that students of the following institutions are not eligible at any level:
- Ruskin College
- Plater College
The following table illustrates the benefits and services available to the different types of membership.
|Alumni status||Associate status|
|Oxford Alumni Card||Y||Y|
|University of Oxford Shop 10% discount||Y||Y|
|Careers advice and related benefits||Y||N|
|Educational offers||Y||Y (excluding JSTOR)|
Y (excluding Professional
|Attendance at Oxford Alumni Weekends||Y||Y|
|Alumni News monthly email newsletter||Y||Y|
|Oxford Journeys (educational travel)||Y||Y|
|Participate in alumni group activity||Y (all)||
Y (at individual group
|Oxford Alumni Community (networking platform)||Y||N|
For information about accessing the Bodleian Library, please visit Libraries at Oxford.