Alumni volunteers needed for Oxford USA undergraduate recruitment tour
Did you have a great time at Oxford as an undergraduate student? Would you like to encourage more students from the USA to apply for undergraduate study here? Now is your chance!
The University of Oxford and the University of Edinburgh undertake a joint annual undergraduate admissions Fall Tour each year in locations around the United States. This annual tour aims to provide information, advice and guidance to potential full-time undergraduate students, parents and guidance counsellors about studying in the UK in general, and opportunities to study at the University of Oxford and the University of Edinburgh in particular.
All events are open to any interested high school students, parents and guidance counsellors from the area and last around two hours. This Fall we will be holding undergraduate study information sessions in the following locations:
• Thursday 8 September, 6.30pm, British International School of Boston, Boston, MA
• Saturday 10 September, 1pm and 3.30pm (2 sessions), United Nations International School (Manhattan Campus), New York City, NY
• Monday 12 September, 6.30pm, Sidwell Friends School (Middle and Upper Schools Campus), Washington, DC
• Tuesday 13 September, 6.30pm, Atlanta International School, Atlanta, GA
• Wednesday 14 September, 6.30pm, British International School of Houston, Houston, TX
• Thursday 15 September, 7pm, St. Stephen's Episcopal School, Austin, TX
• Saturday 17 September, 2pm, French American International School, San Francisco, CA
• Sunday 18 September, 2pm, Viewpoint School, Los Angeles, CA
• Monday 19 September, 6.30pm, Francis W. Parker School, Chicago, IL
Alumni volunteers are needed at each session to speak for a few minutes about their experience as an undergraduate at Oxford and how Oxford has contributed to their career development. Ideally volunteers will have graduated in the last 10-15 years, though support from any alumni who studied at Oxford as undergraduates (include those who studied as undergraduate Visiting Students) is warmly welcomed. Undergraduate alumni who attended high school elsewhere in the world but who will be in the USA this September are also welcome to get in touch. Volunteers are particularly needed for events in New York, Austin, San Francisco, LA and Chicago.
Alumni who spoke at these same events last year really valued the experience and attendees often listed the alumni contact as one of the most important factors in helping them to choose Oxford.
If you are interested, please email Dr Eleanor Parker, Student Recruitment Officer in charge of North American recruitment, at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the following information:
- Full name
- Alumni number (if known)
- Email address
- Undergraduate degree at Oxford and year of matriculation
- Oxford college
- USA Tour session they would be willing to attend
The Student Recruitment team are always keen to hear from USA alumni who would like to find out more about Oxford’s undergraduate recruitment efforts in the region, so please get in touch if you are interested.
Please also circulate the tour details to any friends, family or colleagues who may like to attend a session themselves to find out more about studying as an undergraduate at Oxford or if you would like to simply get an update on undergraduate admissions and life at Oxford at the moment do come along! Registration details are at www.ox.ac.uk/ustour.