Enquiries about other alumni

How do I verify for a job reference whether someone attended Oxford?

The Degree Conferrals Office will respond to requests for information on educational attainments from employers or prospective employers or from other educational institutions, funding bodies or recognised voluntary organisations. Requests must be made in writing (including email and fax) and include signed consent from the candidate.

Please see the Verifications webpage for more information:

Email: degree.conferrals@admin.ox.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0)1865 286213
Fax: +44 (0)1865 270104
or by post to: Building and Events Management Team (Degree Conferrals), Examination Schools, High Street, Oxford, OX1 4BG


How can I find a friend/get in touch with someone who studied at Oxford?

Register for Oxford Alumni Online and you can search the directory for other users (please note that only former matriculated undergraduate or graduate students have access to this service). Still can't find who you're looking for? Contact enquiries@alumni.ox.ac.uk with your details (full name, college and year of matriculation) and as much information as possible about the person you're trying to contact (full name, college, year of matriculation, course of study, estimated age, etc) and we'll try and find a match in our system. We can't give out contact details, but we are happy to forward on a message from you, if we can identify a match.

Where can I find other Oxford alumni in my area?

To find your nearest alumni group, just check our UK or International alumni network directories. The other way to keep in contact with your local group/s is to request to be added to their mailing list – just contact the relevant secretary.

If you are interested in volunteering to help organise your local group, or would like to set up a new group in your area, please contact contact branches@alumni.ox.ac.uk.

How can I trace an ancestor who went to Oxford?

The Oxford University Archives select and preserve the administrative records of the University and its departments, and make them, and the information they contain, available for administrative and research purposes. See the University Archives website.