This was undoubtedly one of our most British Christmas Dinners to date. More than 90 Oxonians gathered at the Kaufmanns-Casino on 8 December for the annual Christmas Dinner of the Oxford Alumni Society in Munich.
Accessing the Bodleian in Oxford
All graduates of the University of Oxford are entitled to apply for free admission to Oxford library services. Contact the Bodleian Admissions Office or telephone +44 (0)1865 277180 for more details.
Scan and Deliver
Scan and Deliver is now available to all current Bodleian Library card holders.
There is now a Scan and Deliver service for items held in the Bodleian Libraries Book Storage Facility. Instead of requesting the physical item to a reading room, you can request scans of sections direct to your desktop. See more at: http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/using/scan-and-deliver
Exhibitions, tours and masterclasses
What’s on at the Bodleian Libraries brings together the wide-ranging activities taking place in the Libraries. Whether you visit an exhibition or a display, attend an event or a lecture, go on a guided tour, or visit our shop, you will find an opportunity to discover our distinguished collections, magnificent buildings and informative programmes. See more at: http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/whats-on
Join the Friends of the Bodleian
As a Friend, you will be able to enjoy a range of activities, including free lectures and special tours. The society has helped the Bodleian acquire diverse treasures including Jane Austen’s draft of The Watsons and pages from the draft of Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (both acquisitions are on display in the Bodleian’s Marks of Genius exhibition). See more at: http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/bodley/friends
Oxford University Research Archive (ORA)
Open access to the research publications from the University of Oxford - see the ORA website to gain access to research publications.
The University's Department for Continuing Education offers over 1,000 part-time courses and programmes per year: online classes, weekly classes, day and weekend events, continuing professional development, summer schools, undergraduate and postgraduate certificates and diplomas, Master's and DPhils.
Benefits for alumni: Oxford alumni benefit from a 10% discount on course fees for online short courses, day and weekend events (the discount doesn't apply to food or accommodation). There is also a £50 discount available on selected summer programmes.
Day and Weekend Courses
10% discount for Oxford alumni
The Department for Continuing Education offers over 180 one and two day courses per year, usually held at weekends in Oxford and taught by lecturers and speakers who are noted authorities in their field of research. Phone: +44 (0)1865 270380 / 270368 or email: email@example.com
Online and Distance Learning
10% discount for Oxford alumni
The Department for Continuing Education offers over 90 online courses across a range of disciplines, usually 5-10 or 20 weeks in duration. Phone: +44 (0)1865 280973 / 280974 or firstname.lastname@example.org
£50 discount per week for Oxford alumni. To claim your £50 discount on select summer programmes, please contact the Continuing Education Summer Schools Office at email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)1865 270396.
The Department for Continuing Education offers a variety of summer schools, including:
- The Oxford University Summer School for Adults, a programme of 40 week-long accredited classes run over four weeks at Rewley House in Oxford
- The Oxford Experience, a programme of 60 week-long classes held over six weeks at Christ Church
- Creative Writing Summer School, held over three weeks at Exeter College
- English Language Teachers' Summer Seminar, a two week programme held at Exeter College
- English Literature Summer School, conducted over three weeks at Exeter College
- History, Politics & Society Summer School, held over three weeks at Exeter College
- International Human Rights Law Summer School, held over four weeks at New College
- International Politics Summer School, held over two weeks at St Antony's College
- Oxford Teachers' Academy English Language Teachers Summer Schools, a highly intensive two-week programme for experienced ELT (English Language Teaching) professionals, held at Worcester College
- Theology Summer School, a two week programme for clergy, theologians and teachers as well as lay people, held at Christ Church
(Please note that some of the programmes above have entrance requirements; please see programme descriptions on the Continuing Education website for full details.)
Offers for alumni: Alumni are eligible for a 10% discount on all short summer courses at the Ruskin School of Art, including life drawing, botanical drawing and the luminosity of watercolour painting.
Bodleian Library Publishing has a diverse list of gift, general interest and scholarly books on a wide range of subjects drawn from or related to the Library's rich collections of manuscripts, rare books, maps, postcards and other printed ephemera.
Offer for alumni: 10% discount on all publications.
How to claim: Contact Bodleian Library Publishing Sales on 01865 283850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting BL002 .