Voyage on the Mississippi
Credit: Shutterstock f11 photo
Date:02 May 2019 to 13 May 2019
Trip destination:New Orleans to Memphis
Book by Monday 27 August 2018 to take advantage of the Early Bird offer of £150 per person off the listed price.
Cruise the mighty Mississippi River from New Orleans to Memphis on an authentic paddle wheeler. Take in the sights, sounds, southern culture and history of the American Civil War as you meander along. Your journey begins in New Orleans where you will enjoy a taste and flavour of the city’s vibrant music scene and fabulous Cajun and Creole cuisine. You will enjoy southern hospitality when you visit Natchez, the ‘Golden City of the South’ with its 500 stately antebellum homes and impressively preserved history, as well as Baton Rouge, the state capital of Louisiana, with its legendary plantations. En route, your trip scholar will treat you to in-depth discussions on the civil war as you explore noted sites including the Vicksburg National Military Park. Finally, disembark in Memphis for a specially arranged tour of Memphis with its host of famous landmarks, as well as a visit to the National Civil Rights Museum.
- Savour the finest in southern cuisine and traditional music on a paddle wheeler sailing from New Orleans
- Visit some of South’s legendary plantations, including Oak Valley, designated a National Historic Landmark for its architecture and landscaping
- Enjoy in-depth discussions on the American Civil War as you explore famous battle sites
- Enjoy a specially arranged tour of Memphis, including some of its famous sites and landmarks
- Visit the National Civil Rights Museum at the famous Lorraine Motel
To be confirmed
AHI Travel Europe
Tel: 0808 1013425