The Oxford & Cambridge Society UAE provides a focal point for all alumni of Oxford or Cambridge resident in the United Arab Emirates. The Society is free to join and, since being founded by David Spearing in 2005, has grown to over 600 members.
We have an active social calendar in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Recent highlights include the Boat Race Dinner, the May Ball (actually in May), an Iftar during Ramadan and a debate against Harvard. We also host receptions for academics and dignitaries, hold lectures by visiting professors and arrange frequent, more informal gatherings. Alumni and faculty visiting the UAE are always welcome to attend our events.
We maintain a broad range of links back to Oxford & Cambridge, and actively work with schools and government institutions in the UAE to promote a greater understanding of the opportunities for students at the two universities. We are also keen to support other alumni groups around the world.
If you are resident in the UAE (either Emirati or expatriate) and would like to join the Society, please fill in the short membership form. We can then keep you informed of upcoming events and activities. If you would like to participate in organising events or running the Society, we always welcome your support and ideas. Any further enquiries can be sent by email to the group. You can also join our LinkedIn group.
- Founder and Honorary Life President - David Spearing MBE (Abu Dhabi)
- Chairperson - Laura Capelin (Oxon, Dubai)
- Oxford contact - Emir Mujkic (Oxon, Abu Dhabi and Dubai)
- Vice Chairman and Entrepreneurship - James Maughan (Dubai)
- Ivy League - Abdullah Chaudhry (Dubai)
- Legal - Peter Gray (Dubai)
- Schools Liaison - Lucy Holland (Oxon, Dubai)
- Emirati Student Society - Khaleefa al Dhaheri (UK)
- Sponsorship - Sarah Lawrence (Oxon, Dubai)
- LinkedIn and International Relations - Kaya Pierce-Grove (Oxon, Dubai)