BOOKING NOW OPEN! Meeting Minds Global, 13-14 September 2021
You'll find a selection of highlights below and as always we will be joined for exclusive live sessions with Vice-Chancellor, Professor Louise Richardson and Chancellor, The Rt Hon the Lord Patten of Barnes, CH. We will be releasing more of the programme in mid-August, so keep an eye on your emails!
Register once and pay just £10 to access as many sessions and recordings as you wish during the event, and after. The event charge is per household so gather your family and friends to join you.
- What does the theatre look like post-pandemic? Gus Christie, Executive Chair of the iconic Glyndebourne opera discusses
- In conversation with legendary screenwriter and TV producer, Russell T. Davies and Worcester Provost, David Isaac
- What's happening in zoology? Professor EJ Milner-Gulland reveals their cutting edge work
- Professor Sir Andrew Pollard considers how we can prepare for future pandemics
- 2021 Wolfson Prize winner, Dr Sudhir Hazareesingh, examines his thrilling Black Spartacus
Catch up with Meeting Minds Global 2021
Back in April 2021, we created the virtual opportunity for alumni around the world to come together and experience an array of exciting and innovative talks. Content was streamed live across four time zones, with speakers sharing their experiences and expertise across a diverse range of topics.
This year we featured sessions from a wide range of disciplines, from science and technology, the medical sciences, humanities, and the social sciences, including:
- An inside look into the COVID-19 vaccine lab with Professor Sarah Gilbert;
- A chat with two Bafta award winners, Sir Nicholas Hytner and Sir Simon Russell Beale;
- A sustainability panel exploring the big ideas that Oxford scientists are working on;
- and... how to monitor penguins in the Antarctic!
If you would like to view the sessions from our virtual event in April, and get a taste of what it's all about, log into your My Oxford Online account, and go to the My Oxford + (plus) tab, where you can see those recorded by the Alumni Office (and others).