How to get your documents after graduating

The University of Oxford eDocuments Service will be re-launching in summer 2022 and will allow you to view your electronic degree certificates and full electronic transcripts (if you started your degree after Michaelmas 2007), as well as allowing third parties, such as other universities and employers, to verify your degree status. You will be charged a one-off £15 registration fee for unlimited access to this service.

Below are summaries of the different types of documentation you can order from the University, which will provide proof of your education at the University of Oxford. These include the links to the most up-to-date information and where you can order your documents from.

Once your degree has been conferred at a degree ceremony either in person or in absentia, you will automatically receive a paper degree certificate.

If you would like a further copy of your degree certificate, there are two options:

  1. Electronic degree certificate

From August 2022, you can register on the eDocuments Service website to view, download and print an electronic degree certificate.

  1. Replacement paper degree certificate

There is a fee for this service if your original certificate has been lost, stolen or damaged.

See the university website for information about ordering paper certificates or registering for the eDocuments Service


If you require proof of your award to present to a third party, you can request a degree confirmation letter from the eDocuments Service.



A transcript is an official summary of your academic performance and progress to date.

From summer 2022, electronic transcripts will be available through the eDocuments Service, following payment of a one-off registration fee of £15.

You will be sent information about registering to access your final transcript upon completing your degree or follow the link below for information about registering.

Please ensure that your contact information in Student Self-Service is up to date before your course ends. If your course has already ended, you can contact your college office to update your record.

Please note there are some restrictions on which transcripts are available.

Diploma supplement: if you need a diploma supplement for an EU university application, this can be obtained through the eDocuments service in the same way as transcripts and the same eligibility criteria apply.


You can use the eDocuments Service to allow employers, other educational institutions, government agencies and other third parties to verify your educational history at the University of Oxford.

You can use the Connection feature within the eDocuments Service to initiate document sharing, or you can direct the third party to the university website where they can register for the eDocuments Service.